Monday, November 14, 2011

Allow Me To Introduce Myself...


I am here to talk about birth, life, death and everything in between -with a special focus on woman's issues. I am passionate about homebirth and midwifery and I wish to forge new ground in these areas. Specifically, I want to discuss how we might all come together to create the sort of cooperative action needed to effect real change and to heal birth in our world. I am the Founder of B.I.R.T.H. Federation, (Bringing International Recognition to Homebirth) a not- for -profit organization dedicated to informing the public about the choices every woman should have regarding her pregnancy, child birthing and post partum care. Although B.I.R.T.H. Federation is still very much in it's early conception I have big plans and tall hopes for it. I have studied birth extensively and I have apprenticed to be a midwife. I do not practice midwifery for many reasons- some of which you will encounter as subject matter on this blog. I consider myself a doula first and a midwife second. I feel we must first master the art of being a doula before we can even dream of being effective midwives.
I am also the keeper of my hearth, a wife and hopefully a mother someday. My partner and I have been trying for several years to conceive a child. I am a business woman, a writer, a cook, a gardener, an animal lover and a world traveler. I keep free range chickens. I love the idea of living in a self sustaining way but I am far from that goal! I invite you all to join in discussion and to share about yourselves. Come here to rant, to blow off steam, to love, to hate, to cry and always to laugh! Be forewarned though-I am going to raise some pretty heated issues. Cheers. ~TBM

1 comment: